Delta V Aerospace@Model.Heading.HeadingTag>
Delta V Aerospace went from 2 days to 2 minutes to create a BOM
Delta V Aerospace’s flexibility and precision comes greatly from the fact that they have the entrepreneurial, proactive ethos in their company DNA. However, with their organizational growth, the current data-handling structure was not good enough to support their strive for excellence.
Prior to the Aras Innovator® implementation, all files were stored manually in local networks furtherto sub-directories. Excel spreadsheets were used for CAD traceability, store and stock control, distribution and archiving, Microsoft Word data updates and as a purchasing system. Further, their QA system was manually managed.
“You never knew the last or the correct version of a file. Some users stored their work on their desktops; others saved it to the correct folder on the server; and some made folder structures with many levels and saved it in the last one,” explains Wian le Roux, IT Technician at Delta V Aerospace. “The whole network was a shamble! If it comes to a deliverable that should be made, it was quite a mission just to get the correct version of the file,” adds William Mac Donald, Configuration Management Consultant at Delta V Aerospace.
- Non-productive and time-consuming CAD traceability, MS Word Data updates, distribution and archiving
- Inaccurate purchasing system due to manual interface
- Data duplication leading to inefficient search and prolonged enginering
- Prolonged store and stock control processes due to manual interface
- Manual QA system proving to be inefficient and imprecise at times
- Building a Bill of Material (BOM) in less than 2 minutes, compared to 2 days prior to the implementation
- Latest up-to-date data available in real-time
- Reporting in real-time compared to Excel spreadsheets that were always outdated
- BOM generated by the system and not manually created on Excel spreadsheets
- Productivity up due to centralised data
Delta V Aerospace is a young, dynamic, independent aerospace design and manufacturing company. Their progressive and elegant solutions are supported by optimized business procedures and qualified with proficiency and meticulous testing. Their services vary from propulsion engineering to aerospace engineering, system engineering, testing engineering and program management.
It was time-consuming to find the last or the correct version of a file. Some users stored their work on their desktops; others saved it to the correct folder on the server; and some made folder structures with many levels and saved it in the last one.
Wian le Roux, IT Technician at Delta V Aerospace